Letters for Access
- Response-from-CHAI Response from CEO, CHAI about the Quick Start program in November 2016
- Letter-to-CHAI_21-oct-2016 Letter from Asian community and treatment advocates to Chief Executive Officer of CHAI regarding the Quick start program and concerns that patients would have to pay for sofosbuvir and diagnostics to be a part of the program in October 2016.
- Patient Group and CSOs letters requesting to waive local trial on DAAs
Patients groups and civil society organizations letter to Indian government requesting waiver on local clinical trial on DAAs as had been done for Sofosbuvir back in December 2014.
- IAC Letter to BPOM
Letter written to BPOM (Indonesia Food and Drugs Authority) to expedite the registration process of DAA medicines in Indonesia
- Letter to the Global Fund board members regarding access to Hep C treatment on 25th Mar, 2015
Letter from Civil Society Organizations in Asia and Eastern Europe to the Global Fund Board in advance of its Thirty-Third Meeting regarding the role of the Global Fund in providing and scaling up access to hepatitis C treatment.
- Support letter for inclusion of Daclatasvir on 4th March, 2015
Letter written to the secretary of the 20th Expert Committee on the Selection and Use of Essential Medicines
supporting MSF’s application to include Daclatasvir in the Model List of Essential Medicines of the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Response by Merck on 1st Oct, 2013
Response by Lillienthal of Merck expressing keen interest to work with patient advocate groups and governments to improve access to Hep C treatment.
- Response by Roche on 27th Aug, 2013
Letter by Dr. Schwan, CEO of Roche informing about its patient assistance programs and requesting for a meeting with their leader for access programs to discuss access to its Peg INF alfa-2a within the Asia Pacific region.
- Letter written to Roche on 28, July, 2013
Letter written to Dr. Schwan requesting improvement of hepatitis C treatment access in resource-limited countries in Asia through price reductions of pegylated interferon alfa- 2b.
- Letter written to Merck on 28, July, 2013
Letter written to Dr. Frazier requesting improvement of hepatitis C treatment access in resource-limited countries in Asia through price reductions of pegylated interferon alfa- 2b.
- Letter written by APN+ to WHO on 23rd Jul, 2013
Letter written to Dr. Chan with a petition to test and treat Hep C.
- Letter from Indian groups to MSF on 3rd May, 2013
Letter written to Dr. Restrepo of MSF OCA India to initiate treatment of Hep C under its existing program in Manipur.
- Letter written to Global Fund on 8th Apr, 2013
Letter to Dr. Dybul, ED of Global Fund informing about the regional consultation on Hep C for PLHIV in Mar, 2013 and requesting Global Fund to increase its support for Hep C treatment.
- Letter written by EECA to Roche and Merck in 2013
Open letter by treatment activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia requesting reduction in the prices of the 48-week hep C treatment with PegINF to 2000 USD.
- Letter written to UNITAID on 8th Apr, 2013
Letter to Dr. Broun informing about the regional consultation on Hep C for PLHIV in Mar, 2013 and requesting UNITAID to contribute technical resources for evaluating quality, safety and efficacy of HCV related diagnostic and treatment products.
- Complaint sent by Indian groups to UN SRH on 15th Feb, 2012.
An urgent appeal for facilitating access to testing, diagnosis and treatment for Hepatitis C Virus in Manipur, India.
- Letter to WHO, WPRO and SEARO thanking requesting support in developing Hep C treatment guidelines for Asia in 2012
Letter written to Dr. Narain and Dr. Ehrenberg requesting their support for development of evidence based guidelines for diagnosis, management and treatment of people with Hep C in Asia.
- Thank you letter to the Indonesian minister of health in 2012
Letter thanking Dr. Endang for taking exemplary leadership at proposing and ensuring acceptance of the viral hepatitis resolution at the 63rd World Health Assembly and also in developing a National technical plan for HCV prevention and treatment in Indonesia.
- Indian DUF listing PegINF as essential medicine to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 26, Jul, 2012
Letter written by the Indian Drug User Forum to Shri Gulam Nabi Azad to list PegINF 2a and 2b in India’s list of essential medicines, 2011.
- Letter to and response from Dr. Michel Kazatchkine on HCV related issues on 23rd Jan, 2010
Letter sent by regional organisations to Dr. Michel Kazatchkine, Executive Director, The Global Fund against AIDS, TB, and malaria and also his response.