Other Important Documents and Reports
Four Indian generic companies (Cipla, Emcure, Hetero and NATCO) takes sub-licenses from Medicines Patent pool (MPP) on Daclatasvir. The copy of the sub- licenses are not available yet, but please refer to the form for an outline. Long term implications of how this improves access in included territory or inhibits the same in excluded territory is to be seen soon.
A study on how generic competition can rapidly lower the prices of drugs with high hepatitis C cure rates, like sofosbuvir and daclatasvir and help achieve global treatment scale-up, 12th January, 2016
- Indian generic SOF_LDV summary
Pricing/manufacturer/marketer details for the Indian generic ledipasvir and sofosbuvir co-formulated tablets as on 10th January 2016
- Summary of generic Sofosbuvir availability and pricing in India
The latest compilation on availability and pricing of generic Sofosbuvir in India – updated 10 Sept 2015
- PATENT SITUATION ON KEY PRODUCTS FOR HEP C TREATMENT August 2015
A summarized information of patents on sofosbuvir, ledipasvir and daclatasvir in parts of South and south-east Asia. The documents also covers situation of registration of these medications in the countries as on August 2015
- Strategies to Secure Access to Generic HCV Medicines
This MSF document offers guidance to policy makers to enable access to these medicines to scale up HCV treatment.
- PATENT SITUATION OF KEY PRODUCTS FOR TREATMENT OF HEPATITIS C SOFOSBUVIR_Mar 2015
WHO working paper identifying the relevant patents for Sofosbuvir and providing data where these patents have been filed or granted.
- Hepatitis C and Drug Pricing:The Need for a Better Balance_Feb 2015
AmfAR’s issue brief on the need for balancing of the prices of the drugs for Hepatitis C treatment.
- PATENT SITUATION OF KEY PRODUCTS FOR TREATMENT OF HEPATITIS C DACLATASVIR_Oct 2014
WHO working paper identifying the relevant patents for Daclatasvir and providing data where these patents have been filed or granted.
- New Treatments for Hepatitis C Virus:Strategies for Achieving Universal Access_Mar 2014
Médecins du Monde’s report on strategies for universal access of new HCV treatments.
- SIXTY-SEVENTH WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY Agenda item 12.3 Hepatitis_May 2014
The 67th World Health Assembly resolution on Hepatitis during the Ninth plenary meeting on 24th May, 2014.
- BEYOND THE HYPE: What sofosbuvir means—and doesn’t—for global hepatitis C treatment_Dec 2013
OSF’s report on sofosbuvir and how price reduction remains key to ensuring scale-up, and to defusing the viral time bomb that is the Hepatitis C pandemic.
- UNITAID Strategy 2013-2016
UNITAID’s strategic objectives from 2013-2016 describing how UNITAID intends to contribute to the long-term goals of the global health community for HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria by increasing access to the key treatment, diagnostic, and preventive products to prevent new infections and provide effective treatment.
- UNITAID Hepatitis C Medicines and Diagnostics in the Context of HIV/HCV Co-Infection: A Scoping Report_2013
UNITAID’s 2013 scoping report focussing on issues, challenges and opportunities related to one of the most important HIV co-infections—Hepatitis C virus.
- WHO Global policy report on the prevention and control of viral hepatitis in member states_2013.
WHO’s 2013 policy report presenting the results of the survey in member states regarding implementation of key prevention and control activities for viral hepatitis.
- PERSPECTIVES ON DRUGS Hepatitis C treatment for injecting drug users_May 2013
EMCDDA’s analysis drawing attention to the high levels of HCV infection among injecting drug users, both as an urgent public health priority, and how Hepatitis C treatments for PWID need to be embedded in and delivered as part of a comprehensive package of interventions.
- Essential Medicines WHO Model List – 18th edition_April 2013
WHO’s 18th list of essential medicines with core and complementary list published in April 2013.
- DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF HEPATITIS C: A technical landscape – Opportunities to Revolutionise Care in Developing Countries_April 2013
MSF Access Campaign’s report providing an overview on the current state of play and a framework for action with regards to hepatitis C diagnostics and treatment in resource-poor settings.
- Barriers and facilitators to Hepatitis C treatment for peope who inject drugs – A Qualitative study_Jun 2012
A publication by the WHO Regional Office for Europe highlighting how PWID face considerable barriers in accessing and completing HCV treatment in hospital settings. Also, how these barriers can be overcome and access improved by providing HCV treatment in D&A services.
- The silent pandemic: Tackling hepatitis C with policy innovation_2012
This Economist’s report investigates the extent of the health challenge posed by HCV by conducting 16 in-depth interviews with experts, including global and national health officials,activists, researchers and medical personnel, as well as extensive desk research.
- Prevention & Control of Viral Hepatitis Infection: Framework for global action_2012
WHO’s framework for global action for prevention and control of viral hepatitis infection.
- Viral Hepatitis in the WHO South-East Asia Region. Know it. Confront it. Hepatitis affects everyone, everywhere_2011
WHO SEARO’s 2011 report highlights the high burden of viral hepatitis morbidity and mortality in the south east asian region. The report advocates for increasing community awareness and providing education on the issue, strengthening surveillance for viral hepatitis.
- Advocacy Brief – HIV & Hepatitis C Co-infection among people who inject drugs in North East India
CRS’s advocacy policy brief on HIV/HCV co-infection among people who inject drugs in NE India highlighting that limited evidence remains a barrier to policy decisions and expansion of services to co-infected PWID in this region.
- SIXTY-THIRD WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY Agenda item 11.12 Viral hepatitis_May 2010
The 63rd World Health Assembly resolution on Viral Hepatitis during the Eight plenary meeting on 21st May, 2010.
- Scoping document: A review of viral hepatitis in injecting drug users and assessment of priorities for future activities_Jul 2009
Scoping document: A review of viral hepatitis in injecting drug users and assessment of priorities for future activities_Jul 2009.